Your data is protected against unauthorized access and loss through the use of various electronic, technical, physical, administrative and contractual measures.
Ejoy has taken the necessary technical and organizational precautions to ensure that the regulations for data privacy are respected both internally as well as by external service providers.
1. Collection of data
Ejoy collects personal data
- provided by you upon registration at one of our websites or for one of our games;
- if these are provided by you during an inquiry;
- when these are provided by you for the use and payment of fee-based goods and services;
- at your request for the purpose of participating in promotions and surveys, or to receive newsletters.
Ejoy also collects user data to the extent that it is necessary for the performance of services or for the billing of these services. This refers in particular to game processes, game scores and information regarding the use and settlement of services.
Within the context of the use of our websites, forums and games, Ejoy collects the following non-personal information:
- IP addresses including time and date
- cookies, local Flash data
- statistical information such as the browser type, operating system, redirecting URL, date, time, pages used, total time of use, frequency of use
This data is used in statistical analyses for anonymous data records.
IP addresses and the corresponding times of usage are saved for a maximum of three months. These are stored to secure data and ensure our system’s stability and reliability. In certain situations, Ejoy may use your IP address and the corresponding date and time to track and stop use of multiple accounts for fraudulent purposes. In cases such as these, Ejoy will seek the consent for such use within the framework of the relevant game conditions.
2. Use of your data
We use your personal data
- to provide our services and settle payments;
- to anonymously or pseudonymously adjust our offer to meet our users’ demands and improve our services;
- to fulfill legal obligations, and in particular, to meet the requirements for preserving data.
We also use this information to communicate with you. This includes, in particular, the provision of assistance and support as well as the provision of important contract information. Subject to your consent, we keep you informed about news, events and promotions either via e-mail or text message.
3. Data transfer
We will treat your data with the strictest confidentiality and will not disclose it to any third parties. However, we may be required by law to disclose your information in certain situations (such as to an investigating authority) where the transfer takes place only within the framework required by legal conventions.
In individual cases, subsidiaries, parent companies or third parties may provide services on our behalf. This mainly concerns the handling of payment transactions by external service providers (PayPal, Global Collect, etc.) and, in the case of default, by a debt collection company. These external companies are obligated to treat your data confidentially and securely, and only to use your data to the extent necessary to fulfill the tasks for which they are responsible.
4. Right of revocation, deletion of data
If you have given us consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
Ejoy deletes your personal data insofar as it is no longer needed or required, or if you have requested the deletion of this data. Please note that data cannot be deleted if there are legal storage requirements or this data is required by us for the billing of our services.